COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on communities all over the world, and here in the North West, we have seen the heartbreaking impact on families, hospitals, carers and workplaces.
It is now almost a year since the Running Bee Foundation has staged a running event which has had a dramatic affect on our fundraising activity which enables us to support Health and Wellbeing initiatives across our communities. Additionally, we have been unable to further develop our initiatives to help in the fight to reduce childhood obesity.
Our Health in Numbers
Our events take place in Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Cheshire and as you can see there is much to do be done in order to improve the health of the North West.
Our Mission is to promote and encourage all adults and children to enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle and over the last 12 months, we have created a number of virtual events, some of which you can see below, along with promoting tips and advice on healthy living across all of our digital platforms.
We are hopeful our events, fundraising initiatives and community engagement programmes will start again in the summer BUT we do not want to wait until then to make a difference in our communities, schools and workplace we want YOUR HELP to do it NOW.
PLEASE BUY one of our Running Tops ( Long Sleeve, Short Sleeve and if you are a Tour of Tameside Fan there’s a limited edition running vest too !) ALL profits will make a difference in YOUR COMMUNITY and will enable us to start the important work that is needed to be done in readiness for the spring and a relaxing of the current restrictions.
What will your money help us to achieve?
- Facilitate Grant funding to community groups and small charities to enable them to deliver active, healthy initiatives and support programmes.
- Create positive partnerships with local mental health organisations.
- Develop a schools ‘Active, Healthy, Happy’ summer educational programme which will cover nutrition, cooking, MyFirstMile and the Virtual Sports Day.
- Roll out of the workplace #LiveBetter Roadshow.
- Launch the Running Bee Foundation Community Champion Awards. Recognising the amazing people over the last 12 months who have inspired their communities, families and friends to keep active.
Buy our merchandise here:
Donate to The Running Bee Foundation here:
Your purchase or donation will make a REAL DIFFERENCE and for every pound raised, Sports Tours International will match fund it!