How to get here:VIRTUAL 0161 703 8161
The Running Bee Foundation has teamed up with new Gorton-based youth charity, The HideOut Youth Zone for a month-long virtual racing event with all profits going to The HideOut Youth Zone
The HideOut, located on Hyde Road, aims to provide a safe and inspiring space for thousands of youngsters aged between 8-19 and those up to 25 with additional needs.
There, everyone has the opportunity to engage in over 20 activities every evening including sports, arts, music, media, dance, drama and much more while making friends, developing aspirations and learning new skills.
All runners have the option to complete a race of their choice: a 1M, 5K, 10K, Half Marathon or Marathon – in a bid to help the charity support as many young people as possible.
- Participants can walk, jog or run the distance
- There is no set route, runners can choose their own route and distance
- Participants have 4 weeks to complete their chosen virtual event
- Medal will be issued after the event date has passed
- Runners will be asked to upload proof of achieving the distance via Active or direct to The Running Bee Foundation.
- Participants can choose to complete the distance in one run/walk or a number of runs/walks, the main aim is simply to complete their chosen distance (it’s not a race to see who is the quickest!)
- These events are open to everyone regardless of age or ability!
The foundation is asking all participants who take part abide by the Government, Local Council’s and NHS guidelines and keep their social distance from others, especially when choosing to exercise outdoors (always keeping 2-metre distance) and, ensure to wash your hands for 20 seconds as soon as you complete your exercise.
More information can be found here >>> https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/