How to get here:VIRTUAL
START DATE: July 13th
END DATE: AUGUST 24th
Once again, Tameside is going virtual! The brand new Tameside Virtual will allow you to run a 5K, 10K, HALF-MARATHON or FULL MARATHON from a location in Tameside of your choosing. As long as you’re running your chosen distance and staying safe, the route is really up to you!
The entry for this special event is just £10 with profits from entry sales going straight to the TAMESIDE SCANNER APPEAL; A worthy cause that’s sure to help save lives throughout the region if enough funds are raised.
Once you’re done, simply upload a photo of you running or celebrating your big win and that’s it! You’ll even get your own finisher’s medal, just like in a real race!
- Participants can walk, jog or run the distance
- There is no set route, runners can choose their own route and distance
- Participants have 4 weeks to complete their chosen virtual event
- Priced at £10 per race including p&p of Medal (or £50 for the VIRTUAL SUMMER SERIES)
- Medal and digital certificate will be issued after each of the 4 weeks has passed
- Runners will be asked to upload proof of achieving the distance via Active or direct to The Running Bee Foundation.
- Participants can choose to complete the distance in one run/walk or a number of runs/walks, the main aim is simply to complete their chosen distance (it’s not a race to see who is the quickest!)
- These events are open to everyone regardless of age or ability!
The foundation is asking all participants who take part abide by the Government, Tameside Council’s and NHS guidelines and keep their social distance from others, especially when choosing to exercise outdoors (always keeping 2-metre distance) and, ensure to wash your hands for 20 seconds as soon as you complete your exercise. More information can be found here >>> https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Profits from all entries will be going straight to the TAMESIDE SCANNER APPEAL;