How to get here:VIRTUAL
START DATE: July 13th
END DATE: AUGUST 10th
Just like Tameside, it looks as though Preston is getting the virtual touch, too! The very first Preston Virtual will, once again, see runners going for their choice of 5K, 10K, HALF-MARATHON or FULL MARATHON. The same rules and pricing as above apply (£10 entry, August 10th deadline). Proceeds from this virtual event will go to CASH FOR KIDS, a wonderful charity with an amazing history of supporting young people in need.
Once you’re done, simply upload a photo of you running or celebrating your big win and that’s it! You’ll even get your own finisher’s medal, just like in a real race!
- Participants can walk, jog or run the distance
- There is no set route, runners can choose their own route and distance
- Participants have 4 weeks to complete their chosen virtual event
- Priced at £10 per race including p&p of Medal (or £50 for the VIRTUAL SUMMER SERIES)
- Medal and digital certificate will be issued after each of the 4 weeks has passed
- Runners will be asked to upload proof of achieving the distance via Active or direct to The Running Bee Foundation.
- Participants can choose to complete the distance in one run/walk or a number of runs/walks, the main aim is simply to complete their chosen distance (its not a race to see who is the quickest!)
- These events are open to everyone regardless of age or ability!
The foundation is asking all participants who take part abide by the Government and NHS guidelines and keep their social distance from others, especially when choosing to exercise outdoors (always keeping 2-metre distance) and, ensure to wash your hands for 20 seconds as soon as you complete your exercise. More information can be found here >>> https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Profits from all entries will be going straight to the CASH FOR KIDS