How to get here:VIRTUAL 0161 703 8161
The Running Bee Foundation has teamed up with FareShare, the UK’s largest charity fighting hunger and food waste to raise cash, inspired by Marcus Rashford’s passionate campaign for free school meals.
Marcus Rashford’s campaign, which has already prompted more than 10,000 meals distributed on the first day of the half-term alone, aligns closely with the Running Bee Foundation’s ideals – which aims to promote health and wellbeing within communities and in the lives of children.
The 4-week challenge will see runners complete a race of their choice, whether that be 1 Mile, 5K, 10K, Half Marathon or even a Marathon over the 4 week period in a bid to help the charity support as many young people as possible.
Runners will pay just £10 and can take the race at their own pace over the course of the event – even by walking, jogging, running or even cycling – with all profits going to FareShare.
Participants will also receive a medal by post.
- Participants can walk, jog or run the distance
- There is no set route, runners can choose their own route and distance
- Participants have 4 weeks to complete
- Medal will be issued after the event date has passed
- Runners will be asked to upload proof of achieving the distance via Active or direct to The Running Bee Foundation.
- Participants can choose to complete the distance in one run/walk or a number of runs/walks, the main aim is simply to complete their chosen distance (it’s not a race to see who is the quickest!)
- The event is open to everyone regardless of age or ability!
The foundation is asking all participants who take part abide by the Government, Local Council’s and NHS guidelines and keep their social distance from others, especially when choosing to exercise outdoors (always keeping 2-metre distance) and, ensure to wash your hands for 20 seconds as soon as you complete your exercise.
More information can be found here >>> https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/